This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour shift: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. May be open to 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years current administrative experience supporting an Executive/Director. Healthcare setting preferred
- Requires strong meeting management experience (scheduling, agenda and material preparation, taking minutes, etc.)
- Requires advanced knowledge with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Access)
- Requires previous experience working with various levels of management/clinical teams
- Requires clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires the ability to adjust to different style of communications
- Requires the ability to be a team player
- Requires excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent organization skills
- Requires the ability to be detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities and/or responding to a variety of last minute requests
The Administrative Assistant works closely with and supports the CNO. They will provide accurate record keeping, filing, and clerical/secretarial support. Plans and schedules meetings and special activities. Maintains confidentiality of material and information handled. Will be expected to work with minimal supervision and use sound judgment and discretion in carrying out a variety of daily tasks.
Duties include, but are not limited to: Customer service and family/patient-centered care, developing and updating reports containing charts and graphs; developing presentation slides; Board of Directors meeting/communication management, scheduling and setting up for meetings and events; taking minutes for various meetings; maintaining CNO and other calendars, and interacting with community members, physicians and board members. Candidates for this position must be able to anticipate the needs of the CNO, communicate clearly orally and in writing, work well with a variety of personalities and backgrounds.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 19 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...