This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour shift: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, open to a start time of 8:00 pm or 8:30 pm.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years’ current administrative experience supporting a director/manager. Healthcare setting preferred
- Requires strong meeting management experience (scheduling, agenda and material preparation, taking minutes, etc.)
- Requires previous experience scheduling conference/video conference calls
- Requires advanced knowledge with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Access)
- Requires previous experience working with various levels of management/clinical teams
- Requires clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires the ability to adjust to different style of communications
- Requires the ability to be a team player
- Requires excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent organization skills
- Requires the ability to be detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities and/or responding to a variety of last minute requests
The Administrative Secretary performs administrative and secretarial assignments in a responsible and confidential nature with the responsibility for ongoing projects and performing a variety of support duties. The Administrative Secretary exercises initiative in handling all administrative work and positively supports the Director of Transplant.
Although clerical work involved (minutes, reports, etc.) this person will work closely with Director to support projects, manage events and meetings, develop presentation materials, manage day calendar, make travel arrangements, works on special projects for Sharp HealthCare’s Transplant and departmental support.
The Administrative Secretary fosters harmonious external and internal working relationships. Accurately completes assignments within designated time frames. Frequently uses initiative and independent judgment in exercising discretion with those coming in contact with.
This is a multi-disciplinary department committed to providing high quality patient care and to making a difference in the lives of patients and their families’ pre and post-transplant. A national leader in organ and multi-organ transplantation, Sharp HealthCare's Transplant Program is committed to a high standard of quality care and personal attention. It is a commitment that begins long before the organ transplant and continues well beyond the operation. More than 1,500 cadaveric and live-related kidney transplant procedures have been performed at Sharp hospitals. Sharp-affiliated surgeons have been performing heart transplants since 1985 — celebrating 25 years in October 2010 — and also perform re-transplant procedures. Sharp Memorial Hospital has participated in many lifesaving kidney donation chains, including one in 2011 that spanned the country with a record 60 participants. Sharp offers a live kidney donor program, which includes living related donation, living unrelated donation, paired donation, altruistic kidney donation and the donor exchange program.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...