This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8hour shift: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years current administrative/secretarial experience supporting a director. Healthcare setting preferred
- Requires strong meeting management experience (scheduling, agenda and material preparation, taking minutes, etc.)
- Requires advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Requires experience using A-V Equipment
- Requires customer service oriented and abillity to be a team player
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
The Administrative Secretary is the resource person within the department and to other secretarial/administrative staff and the leadership team. Composes correspondence, memos, presentations, flyers, spreadsheets and other documents as requested. Drafts complex documents from abstract ideas and general information. Researches and gathers data from various sources and generates special projects/reports/summaries. Report generation may involve analyzing statistics and preparing spreadsheets, databases or other documents. Proficient in the use of computer applications to complete documents/work assignments. Reviews and edits materials as requested. Navigates the Sharp Intranet site. Schedules and supports meetings and related resources including preparing agendas, minutes, etc.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...