Administrative & Human Resources Specialist, Latin America & Caribbean Regional Office - Fort Lauderdale
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
A vacancy exists for an Administrative & Human Resources Specialist, Latin America & Caribbean Regional office, reporting to General Manager, Latin America & Caribbean.
- Manage day-to-day administration of regional office.
- Prioritize work and resolve issues that arise in day-to-day activities; direct handling of routine and confidential matters.
- Interacts on a daily basis with regional managers, government authorities and other internal and external customers.
- Manages local budget and budgeting process. Verifies and processes local vendor invoices and submits for payment.
- Serves as Human Resources liaison for the region; compiles monthly salary report and updates staff changes
- Assists with initial employment interviews for job candidates in the region and pre-employment testing occasionally
- Provide administrative support to Manager, Customer Service – Caribbean and Regional Finance Manager as needed.
- Organize and coordinate regional meetings as required.
- Makes travel arrangements for General Manager and coordinates travel for GSA/GHA managers in the region when traveling on company business.
- Coordinate efficient follow-up system ensuring timely completion of assignments
- Maintain an efficient and thorough filing system
- Manages promotional pass program, distributes allocation of passes and compiles monthly usage reports.
- Assists in awarding and processing VIP upgrades as requested by General Manager and VPs.
- Translate correspondence English/Spanish as required.
- Maintains updated operational contact list for the region.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with RESIII an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work independently under general direction with a degree of latitude for decision-making in absence of the General Manager.
- Skilled in work prioritization and able to manage various tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical aptitude and thorough attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of discretion, maturity and judgment
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all work-related matters
- Project a mature and professional image
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A team player
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Administrative Support Services
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date:
Jun 18, 2013, 10:49:22 AM
Jul 2, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air transport for...