Are you striving to reach a higher standard in your career? Do you dream of working for an outstanding, stable company that shares your values and rewards customer-focused results, innovation, and integrity? We are seeking a talented, detailed-orientated Administrative Assistant for an important support role within our 60+ year old company. If you enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy environment, this may be the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment, providing support to account managers with proposals, billing, and a variety of tasks in helping us achieve growth for our company. Candidate must be able to also work independently with exclusive responsibility for multiple tasks and reports.
The administrative assistant will need to work in a team environment while handling a variety of tasks in order to provide support to account managers, supervisors, and internal and external customers.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Correspondence including proposal letters, ServiceShield maintenance agreements, and general letters. Heavy volume of typing.
- Research for information and completion of Qualification Statements from customers.
- Customer service – daily interaction with customers regarding credit information, clarification of address and phone, copies of invoices or work orders.
- Charging of customer invoices to American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discovery cards.
- Ordering certificate of insurance copies.
- Ordering Payment and Performance bonds for projects.
- Communication with field technicians – Includes emails and voicemails to field personnel.
- Variety of invoicing (heavy volume). AIA-type documents and payment applications included. Invoicing using Solomon Service. Large batches of invoicing using field technician’s work orders. Includes price adjustment, verifying information, batching, printing, and mailing or emailing invoices.
- Enter and handle a variety of Excel spreadsheets and financial workbooks.
- Communication with dispatch and other departments.
- Setting up project files and job information sheets.
- Additional duties may include cash management or file maintenance input in our customer location database.
- Attend meetings to take notes.
- May be appointed to process-improvement committees.
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience in an administrative position
- Must type at least 50 wpm accurately
- At least one year of experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, web-enabled applications.
- Construction accounting knowledge
- At least 5 years of experience in an administrative position.
- Solomon Software experience.
- Salesforce CRM experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Excellent customer service/communication and telephone skills.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and make decisions quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to providing accurate work in a timely manner.
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
- Must project a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust from all that you support.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
McKenney's Inc. - 17 months ago