PROGRAM: The Senate
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Senate is a permanent supportive housing residence for formerly homeless adults, many with mental illness. On-site services include medication monitoring, case management, money management, entitlement assistance, medical and psychiatric care, substance abuse counseling, work readiness training, a meals program, 24 hour/7 day per week front desk security, and group activities.
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
CATEGORY: Part-time Hourly
DAYS/HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri: 9am-1pm; Tues, Thurs: 9am-5pm
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate computer work; occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; some walking to visit clients
- Assist Program Director in all aspects of office functioning
- Manage the phone system and help direct phone calls and messages to appropriate staff
- Greet clients and visitors to the Senate office and direct them to appropriate staff person
- Manage all the front office machines and make calls for repairs when appropriate
- Assist Director in maintaining records and provide necessary documentation to funding streams, in accordance to their guidelines
- Organize all documentation forms and vital resource information for case management staff
- Assist Director in providing documentation for Goddard’s payroll and fiscal and personnel departments
- Help organize both physical office as well as electronic files related to client charts and confidential information regarding tenants
- Assist Building Manager with updating tenant records
- Carry a small caseload of general population clients
- Help tenants to access needed entitlement, including Section 8 applications, SSI, health care, food stamps, public assistance, etc.
- Provide individual entitlement counseling to help tenants to procure benefits and to maintain their eligibility status.
- Provide referrals and follow-up in reference to specific entitlements and benefits.
- Maintain records on all client-related activities, including contact with collateral resources.
- Provide other tasks and functions as deemed necessary to assure the provision of quality social services to tenants living at The Senate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoor office; occasional visits to client apartments
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- AA degree preferred.
- Prior work experience with homeless/ mentally ill individuals is helpful, but not required.
- Computer literate and highly organized with very strong communication skills
- Compassionate and personable
- Case management experience a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
Excellent benefits package
- 2 years ago - save job