Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
2. Requires 1 to 2 years of progressively responsible secretarial work experience
3. Requires the knowledge of medical records forms and the ability to read and understand them.
4. Requires knowledge of current regulations and standards from external agencies as they apply to medical records.
5. Requires communication skills to effectively deal with internal personnel and outside customers.
6. Must demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office with a requirement to type 90-120 WPM.
7. Must have knowledge of ICD coding and medical terminology
The Center for Senior Independence a leading provider of senior care, is currently recruiting for a Administrative Assistant/Medical Records Coordinator.
At CSI (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) we strive to be the most outstanding and innovative senior care facility in Southeast Michigan. CSI is Medicare and Medicaid duel eligible program. As a managed care capitated program, CSI functions as the insurer and care provider for all patients. Our goal is to help frail seniors continue to live in their own homes with dignity by providing all medical and social services necessary, at our Center and in their own homes. At CSI, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our quality facilities.
Under the direction of the Center Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordination and maintenance of medical records and providing secretarial support to the Center for Senior Independence.
Specific Duties and Functions:
1. Opens, closes and maintains medical records with confidentiality
2. Reviews records to assure conformance of medical record documentation according to established policies and procedures in coordination with Quality Assurance
3. Reviews all records for missing reports and signatures.
4. Monitors deficiencies and updates records following completion by staff.
5. Responsible for compiling data and records and maintaining report as requested by external agencies
6. Ability to type at 90-120 w.p.m. from rough draft or dictation, and prepares correspondence in final form
7. Schedules interviews and appointments; arranges for meetings and conferences; completes travel arrangements and maintains supervisor’s business calendar
8. Plans and implements office practices and procedures, such as the maintenance and revision of departmental document flow and filing systems
9. Prepares recurring and special reports and financial statements which depict department activities as requested by center manager
10. Coordinates the activities of a small number of clerical support personnel
11. Adheres to deadlines as established with the capability to prioritize functions as assigned.
12. Maintains payroll functions and reports with a high level of accuracy
Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check and health screening, including drug test, TB and MMR.
Have you registered yet?
We're a PEO whose purpose is to administer the day to day functions of being an employer, so our clients can focus their efforts on growing...