Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
The IT Administrative Assistant/Office Manager role is responsible for providing primary administrative support for IT Corporate Systems as well as providing secondary support to other IT Corporate Departments on an as needed basis. This role is also responsible for the organization and coordination of the Pleasanton office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Primary accountability to the VP of Corporate Systems
- Owner of space and environment plan for all IT employees and contractors at Pleasanton location
- Single point of contact with Corporate Operations as it relates to space planning and utilization
- Design and implement office policies and procedures and ensure adherence
- Partner with on-site security to maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; managing purchase orders; and analyzing variances
- Manage daily workflow for VP (calendar, phone, group/team meetings, expense, travel, presentations, etc.) as necessary and agreed upon with leader.
- Stay abreast of organization changes; maintain accurate department organization charts, phone lists, email & voicemail distribution lists and reporting relationship tool.
- Arrange onsite and offsite meetings and events as necessary: Coordinate scheduling and logistics (coordinate conference rooms, equipment and catering as needed) creating agendas and providing documents and other meeting materials as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc meeting and event support as required by Pleasanton and Gap Inc. IT.
- Answer phone and provide assistance to internal and external callers with immediate information or by directing to other resources for solutions.
- Prepare, monitor and process expense reports and purchase orders/invoices.
- Schedule travel arrangements (i.e., flight, hotel, car service, meetings).
- General office duties such as ordering office supplies and equipment and processing mail.
- Covers for other Administrative Assistants during PTO to ensure smooth coverage to support other leaders, departments and functions.
- Other responsibilities including special projects as required increasing the professional effectiveness and efficiency of the leader and the overall team.
- Manage new hire/contractor set-up including on-boarding, completing necessary forms for software, token id, badges, and ordering equipment and phone and ensuring workspace is ready.
- Collaborate with leaders and project managers to understand forecasted and actual space demand and to plan a course of action to maximize use of space.
- Work with teams to produce and manage up to date space plans/maps and drive for quality results
- Regular coordination of administrative assistants for real-time updates to plans/maps
- Identify issues that negatively impact space and environment
- Management of day to day hoteling needs
- 5 years administrative experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build partnerships with all levels of management and business partners.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving and follow up skills.
- Able to think independently, be proactive and take initiative.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization skills, and an ability to be flexible in reprioritizing.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects, concurrently, with tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
GAP Inc - 20 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...