Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,750 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
City: Washington State: DC ZipCode: 20002
Administrative Assistant/Recertification Specialist
The Administrative Assistant/ Recertification Specialist is responsible for assisting with daily administrative procedures and special projects. He/ She is also responsible for processing the initial, interim and annual tenant recertifications at the property or properties. Some of the duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
(This section identifies the essential functions of the position and related tasks performed. Tasks are particular work actions performed to accomplish the job successfully.)
1. Responsible for representing himself/herself, Winn and the properties in a professional manner to all residents, employees and vendors, including both oral and written communication.
2. Responsible for working with the Property Manager and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
1. Responsible for ensuring that the recertification reporting calendar is followed and that all recertification reports and letters to tenants are run on time.
2. Manage document/file organization and archive storage.
3. Perform special assignments and projects as needed.
4. Analyze and prepare all department check requests. Copy, mail and file paid invoices.
5. Clerical support including filing, addressing envelopes, overnight shipping.
6. Order office supplies for the department.
7. Assist and prepare organizational charts and presentations.
1. Responsible for processing initial, interim and annual recertifications. This includes:
a. Notifying residents of their impending recertifications using notices supplied by YARDI.
b. Conducting the recertification interviews with residents.
c. Reviewing each recertification to ensure that all checklist items are complete.
d. Sending recertification verification forms to the appropriate agencies (e.g., Social Security Administration, place of employment, welfare agency, Veterans Administration) relevant banks and other organizations (e.g., drug stores).
e. Completing the recertification worksheet necessary to prepare the voucher (i.e., Form 50059) for the local HUD office, state agency, or local housing authority; this includes ensuring that the resident signs the recertification (HUD sites only).
f. Completing the recertification worksheet so that the annual Tax Credit reports (Tenant Income Certification TIC) may be prepared for the state compliance agency. This includes having the resident sign all applicable paperwork.
g. Assisting the Property Management staff with preparing for the property review by owners, regulatory agencies, auditors, etc., as necessary.
h. Ensuring all information is accurate and entered into YARDI in a timely manner.
i. Complying with company policies regarding the proper treatment of Tax Credit and Resident files.
j. Assisting the Property Management staff with all facets of the move-in process.
k. Ensuring that files comply with the regulations of all funding/regulatory agencies, such as HOME and HIF.
l. Ensuring recertifications are fully completed and executed with Property Manager and resident signatures by the date due.
m. Ensuring the proper treatment of residents’ personal and private information; maintaining such records in accordance with local, state and/or federal law.
1. Performs special assignments as needed or as requested by the Property Manager or other Senior Management.
Qualifications/Requirements: (use bullet points to identified qualifications/requirements)
(These are specific degrees, certifications or training, physical requirements, and skills that are needed to perform the job.)
A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in property management administration. Current COS or comparable designation required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and knowledge of OrgPlus 4.0. Excellent organizational and recordkeeping skills; detail-oriented; ability to exercise good judgment and apply initiative.
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm – Some Overtime may be required.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -