ABM Facility Services is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Secretary for our Jamaica, NY location.
Participates and assists the team in providing optimal customer relations. Performs general office administration and clerical functions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Facility Services
- Responds to customer complaints and maintains positive relationships with all customer and ABM Facility Services personnel
- Handles all general office clerical duties including typing, filing, answering the telephone and greeting visitors
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting and directing
- Coordinates travel arrangements, accommodations and itineraries for personnel as needed
- Understands and complies with all published ABM Facility Services policies and procedures
- Manages operation of the ABM Facility Services office to including purchasing supplies and securing required equipment maintenance
- Reviews accuracy of weekly time cards; submits employee time and rates to Payroll Department for payment. Investigates and responds to supervisor and employee questions on wages received.
- Procures parking/ID passes for employees; maintains accurate records
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Maintains the employees’ portal site
- Responds to supervisory and employee requests for information on these benefits.
Possesses previous experience or aptitude in the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years office management experirence required
- Must have an understanding of accounting principles and office procedures
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required (Word and Excel)
- Experience in JDE a plus
- Routine accounting duties
- Good grammar and English composition
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 13 months ago