Assist the Assistant V.P. for University K-16 Initiatives with a job related duties including various reports, proposals, planning and facilitate special projects, and perform the daily clerical duties required to maintain an efficient and productive office. This position reports directly to the Asst. V.P. for University K-16 Initiatives, and requires a high level of confidentiality.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Assist the Assistant Vice President with a variety of responsibilities and special projects.
- Makes use of the computer and other technological devices for researching, entering data, preparing reports, and facilitating advertisement flyer using programs that make available the graphic arts as a tool to prepare flyers and posters.
- Apply the necessary research skills required to gathers relevant information and documents, and compile data from a variety of sources as needed or assigned.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills to students, faculty, staff, alumni and a diverse external population, in person and by telephone.
- Provides follow up with appropriate departments to ensure compliance with agreements, requests for information from attorneys, and other related issues, interacts with University departments to answer related routine questions and concerns
- Coordinate daily operations of the Office of the Asst. V. P. for University K-16 Initiatives.
- Maintain the Asst. V. P.’s calendar & responsible in scheduling appointments.
- Monitor the Asst. V.P.’s incoming calls and check voicemail as needed. .
- Assist the Asst. V.P. with various office operational needs i.e. Contract Log, computer issues, etc.
- Coordinates training, workshops, and special projects as required.
- Monitor/re-route/file job applications, resumes & credentials receive via email, inter-office mail, USPS & walk-ins; maintain applicant folders by alpha order; and maintain/monitor/re-route/responses to emails as needed.
- Create & Maintain the Office of the Assist V.P.’s supply list as needed.
- Establishes, maintains, processes and/or oversees files, correspondence, databases, records, certificates, and/or other documents.
- Prepares or process a variety of correspondence, departmental forms, and documents as required.
- Facilitates the required work to make the travel, lodging, and conference reservations required to attend special events when needed.
- Supervise students under the Federal Work Study Programs and review/approve/submit work study time cards to Payroll in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Assistance V.P. when necessary in resolving issues and/or conflicts that may arise.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or 3 years of equivalent work experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office application including Outlook, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and has some familiarity with graphic arts programs.
- Must have knowledge of how to use standard office equipment such as copier, scanner, fax machine, etc.
- Must have the ability to work independently and/or as a team member, providing general office support as back up where needed.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, have a professional demeanor, and be self-motivated and flexible.
- Brings initiative, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to the job.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, the ability to use good judgment, and exercise discretion.
- Possess organizational skills, and effective interpersonal and proofreading skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with strict confidentiality.
- Working environment is a normal business office setting.
- Demands normal manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
- Must be mobile throughout the campus.
- Typically, the incumbent may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Bethune-Cookman University - 17 months ago
Clarinetist Phillip O. Paglialonga, currently serves on the faculty of Virginia Tech. He did his undergraduate study at DePaul University...