Provides secretarial and administrative support services to Nursing Administration, including, but not limited to typing/word processing, proofreading, preparing reports, processing correspondence, scheduling meetings, recording at meetings, receiving visitor, maintaining files and conducting special projects as assigned.
1. Performs typing for the administration (memos, correspondence, minutes).
2. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation and
3. Prepares a variety of administrative reports, statements and rosters.
Gathers data and other necessary information.
4. Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems, ensuring
confidentiality of information.
5. Consistently is attentive to detail, record keeping and required paperwork
inherent to the position.
6. Distributes mail in a timely manner.
7. Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointment and interviews and
Performs other duties related to maintaining administration schedules.
8. Accepts and screens telephone calls and routes calls appropriately; promptly
And graciously responds to calls and visitors and determines the urgency of the
Situation; suggests appropriate referrals or informs administration when the situation
warrants immediate attention.
9. Tactfully handles difficult situations; contacts are handled professionally and
consistently with courtesy.
10. Establishes good rapport and cooperative working relationships with hospital
11. Performs well under pressure.