Provide support to the Director of Academic Events and Curriculum. Provide administrative support to the Office of the Chief Academic Officer and serve as the receptionist for the office suite. Serve as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to the CAO suite.
Assist the Director of Academic Events and Curriculum with campus academic event including, but not limited to, CASE, Commencements, Hoodings, Parent Reception and Convocation. Assist in the management of all program components including logistics, staff and volunteer activities, creative content and aesthetics such as decor and catering and briefing materials.
Supervise student assistants. Develop work schedules to meet the needs of the office and track their hours. Coordinate with other office staff to identify student projects, then assign and track projects.
Coordinate meetings for the DB CAO office, including but not limited to bi weekly staff meetings, luncheons, receptions, and other meetings with University administration, campus administrators and external clients on campus and off site. Take minutes when requested and distribute meeting minutes.
Coordinate the daily operation of the Daytona Beach Office of the Chief Academic Officer, including, but not limited to, resolve housekeeping issues, accept deliveries, order office supplies, prepare and submit purchase requisitions for office purchases and expenses, reconcile department purchase cards, greet visitors, answer phones, collect, sort, open, and, or distribute mail.
Be aware of administrators calendars to ensure optimal flow of guests and office schedules.
Provide support to the CAO if the Executive Assistant is not available. Provide support to the Executive Assistant as needed.
Serve as Safety building liaison for the department, send campus wide messages on behalf of the CAO and perform all other office functions required to ensure the efficient operation of the CAO office. Keep open communication between the DB CAO Office, the Daytona Beach campus and the external community.
All other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree preferred.
3 to 5 years of work related experience required.
Analytical and critical thinking skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, email, and Internet end user applications.
Advanced knowledge and use of computers and software such as work processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. A good command of the English language along with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills. Logical thinking, creativity, problem solving, and organizational skills are essential to the performance of this position.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Embry-Riddle values diversity: We respect the rights and property of all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical disability, economic background, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We believe in a community where all members are welcome, and individuals or groups are free from harassment.
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. For information on applying for a job, please read the following section.
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications for OPEN positions only. You can obtain information regarding these openings from
2. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position only until the position has been filled. You may apply online, within each online job posting.
- our online job postings.
- media advertisements.
3. Applicants MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and experience best meet the needs of the University will be contacted for an interview.
4. If you need any reasonable accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have not created your profile (using your email address and your own password) please click on the "Register today" button. Once you have created your account, you will be able successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Please follow the steps below to update and add documents to your iRecruitment profile.
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile (
; click "Available Positions" and then click "Login here")
2. Once logged in, click on "My Account" (it is on the left side near the top); here you can update your entire profile. The default tab is "Personal Information", which is where you can add/delete documents. Just click on the remaining headings to view and update your profile. Please remember to "Save" often.
3. When you are finished, click the "Save" button and then the "Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to your original welome page of your profile
Amount of Travel
Work At Home