Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke`aki Technologies offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Ke`aki Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. The position will be located at the Naval Medical Research Unit 2 – Pacific (NAMRU-2), Pearl Harbor, Hawai`i. The position requires U.S. Citizenship, the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, and a signed confidentiality agreement.
The mission is to identify infectious disease threats of military and public health importance and develop and evaluate interventions and products to mitigate those threats. NAMRU-2 supports US interests in the Pacific Theater and advances diplomacy in the region by conducting infectious disease research and improving disease surveillance and outbreak response assistance for infectious diseases of critical public health importance to the United States and our regional partners.
NAMRU-2 provides our country with a continued forward presence that combines virology, microbiology, epidemiology, immunology, parasitology, and entomology into a comprehensive capability to study tropical diseases where they occur. Only in this environment can new preventive measures and treatments be tested and evaluated to provide better health measures for U.S. Government personnel working in the region.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCUDE:
- Performing office functions such as setting up and maintaining files, arranging meetings and conferences, receiving or answering mail, answering telephones and greeting individuals, including in support of research functions.
- Assist in reviewing drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage, and answer questions related to office operation.
- Assist with the gathering, collecting, recording, and verifying data of multiple sources, with the capabilities of utilizing software to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations.
- Assist with routine to complex office functions.
- Provide electronic calendar scheduling support.
- Review and edit documents and data from multiple sources.
- Utilize a variety of software tolls to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations.
- Utilize word processing software tolls to develop materials into a cohesive product to be delivered via electronic mail (MS Outlook).
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, and scanners.
- Maintain correspondence suspense files, records, files for reports, internal memorandums, and composing correspondence.
- Coordinate internal client meetings at the client site or off site.
- Performs a various administrative duties in support of Resource Management to include travel, update finance log book, pulling financial reports, facilitates preparation of funding documents and maintains and updates all financial files.
- Take accurate minutes of Staff Meetings, providing a draft to Personnel for review. File Staff meeting minutes and agenda NLT one week after approval.
- Circulate and track documents and keep a records of their circulation
- Xerox and scan documents
- Process all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Revision requests
- Track SOP periodic reviews, preparing tables for reporting to Command Suite personnel.
- Track SOP changes to include reformatting as needed.
- Prepare biweekly progress/problem summary report for Command Suite personnel, including audit logs
- Place orders, receive orders , inventory and organize office supply items
- Prepare official memos and other official documents
- Route and distribute inter and intra office mail
- Support document control using appropriate software
- Use MS Outlook to correspond electronically, and to use the telephone to communicate with personnel
- Assist in the preparation of presentations using MS PowerPoint
- Provide administrative support to NMRC personnel
- Train in Document Control Functions
- Prepare SOP paper copies for distribution
- Other duties as assigned
CLEARANCE REQUIRMENT: Applicants must receive a favorable National Agency Check (NAC) and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of four (4) years of administrative related work experience
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Typing skills with at least 50 wpm.
- Word processing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Must demonstrate prior experience with travel coordination and authorizations, preparing financial reports and funding documents.
- Preferably knowledge of Navy procedures and research experience.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Ke`aki Technologies LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays.
For additional information on Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com .
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) and applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, or genetic information.