Performs administrative support tasks that are secretarial/clerical in nature for the Regional Vice President and Regional Medical Officer. Work includes a broad range of complex responsibilities involving confidential and/or technical information, i.e., compiling reports, furnishing information, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, responding to routine correspondence, and responding to visitors and telephone calls. Must exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
- Screen and direct all calls coming into the RVP office
- Coordinate RVP schedule of appointments, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate travel plans
- Send out Welcome packets to all physicians new to TSG and physicians new to a facility
- Prepare monthly Goals and SWOT report
- Transcription, general correspondence as needed
- Maintain Hospital Data Summary and Facility Sheets
- Organize and assist in coordinating socials, meetings, conference calls, Medical Director Forum
- Purchase/send gift certificates and various gifts for physicians
- Payroll backup as needed
- Reminder calls to physicians and key players at the hospitals for monthly/quarterly meetings
- Take minutes for weekly team meetings and monthly medical director conference calls
- Prepare and send pre-dated sign-in sheets to all ERs
- Print and monitor expired credentials report
- Establish and maintain files
- Screen, re-direct, assist callers – patient complaints, physicians with questions, physician payroll errors, hospitals requesting information, scheduling emergencies (not often but sometimes before 8:00 or if the scheduler is not available)
- Cross train in credentialing and scheduling duties to assist when necessary
- Attend hospital health fairs when requested
- Assist schedulers with obtaining physician availability
- Assist Nurse Liaison with various mail outs, phone calls, etc.
- Reception relief
- Any other duties as assigned by the RVP
- High School Diploma with two to three years post high school education/training.
- A minimum of four years of applicable secretarial experience. A combination of education/experience may be substituted with education being substituted for by experience on a two for one-year basis.
Schumacher Group - 16 months ago