Perform duties to provide a wide range of administrative and clerical support services related to assigned program, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
1. Answer telephones and direct callers. Respond to inquiries regarding general
program related issues. Take and relay messages and set appointments. Receive and greet visitors and clients. Receive sort and distribute incoming mail. Gather and apply postage to outgoing mail.
2. Set up new hard copy and computerized client files and close out files when
clients are no longer enrolled in program. Maintain computerized client files, making changes to client demographics as required. Set up intake packets for counselors and may verify Medicaid and Medicare or private insurance benefits. May check program attendance. May create bills for program services and maintain related records. May set up and maintain client fee cards, take payment for services, record on fee card and prepare related reports and deposits. Maintain required data and compile to create any range of periodic and special census and program related reports. May pick up and distribute lab work.
3. Maintain program computerized and hard copy files and records. Update
information required by audit and ensure that all contracts, licenses and
certifications are up to date and in place. May prepare discharge summaries as
required. Type correspondence from notes or independent knowledge or
circumstances. Type memoranda, reports, forms, check requests and other items.
Follow up on outstanding issues to conclusion.
4. Maintain program director's calendar as required. Make tentative appointments,
verify and confirm. Set up meetings and make required space arrangements.
Remind director of appointments.
5. Inventory and stock office supplies, forms, training aids, materials and brochures
and requisition replenishment as required.
6. May monitor urine collection from clients for testing.
7. Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to
Agency policies and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
1. Perform or assist with any departmental operations, under direction, to maintain
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate
activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain
specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and
3. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating
conditions within area of responsibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer terminal and common office equipment.
Skills / Requirements
Requires the equivalent of a basic high school level education, specific administrative, reporting, communications and computer skills training and at least one year of related experience. May require valid State of Florida Driver's license and State required insurance.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires knowledge of Agency services and specific knowledge of assigned program, general office and computer systems. Requires the ability to read and interpret written information communicate verbally and in writing where information includes precise data, possibly of a confidential nature. Further requires the equivalent of a basic high school level education, specific administrative, reporting, communications and computer skills training and at least one year of related experience. May require valid State of Florida Driver's license and State required insurance.
HIV North Lane
The Center For Drug-Free Living - 19 months ago