Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) this position provides administrative support to the CIO and IT department while serving as the office receptionist. In addition to preparing and formatting professional correspondence and presentations, processing expense report and check requests, the administrative assistant performs duties such as invoice reconciliations, meeting minutes, coordination of meetings and conferences, and working on special projects. The Administrative Assistant deals with a diverse group of important external vendors and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Scope and Complexity:
An increase in the volume of administrative tasks within the IT department requires the support of an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is highly self-motivated and able to work in a high energy, dynamic and collaborative environment. The ability to multi-task is key. As the first point of contact for the office, the administrative assistant will also serve as receptionist, attending to visitors and stakeholders as well as dealing with inquiries on the telephone and in-person. The administrative assistant supplies information regarding ICMC to the general public, clients and ICMC stakeholders. In addition, the receptionist must have the ability to recognize differences among people and have the ability to interact with clients as well as internal stakeholders in a courteous and respectful manner, present a positive image of ICMC in line with its overall brand, speak clearly and annunciate words portraying a warm, professional demeanor.
Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma generally required; Bachelors degree is preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant; Prior experience working within an IT department a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills — superb telephone demeanor; solid command of English language-usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation;
- Must be comfortable with IT-related technical terms and jargon
- Attention to detail to assure accuracy in all facets of responsibility;
- Demonstrated experience arranging meetings and conferences desired;
- Excellent customer service and support-oriented approaches to interaction are required
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of organization and the ability to anticipate needs, to multi-task, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Accounting experience desired
- Strong attention to detail, excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skill
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrix driven, fast-paced environment