The Indianapolis Public Library is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for our Director of Collection Management. The selected candidate will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Division Director or Department Manager as well as provide assistance to outside departments by administering processes, recordkeeping, conducting research, and preparing reports and presentations using a variety of software. Duties will also include: handling information requests, scheduling, recording and distributing meeting minutes, and interacting with internal and external customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Resolving administration problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data and identifying solutions.
2. Demonstrating advanced proficiency in personal computer applications, which typically include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Pro and VISIO.
3. Managing calendars for the Director of Collection Management as well as assisting in the planning, and organizing, of meetings, teleconferences, conferences, other travel and web meetings.
4. Providing detail oriented word processing support; producing and formatting charts, tables, graphs, protocol documents and a variety of other files. Duties will also include creating and editing professional documents from handwritten and electronic copies.
5. Candidate must have successful experience scheduling meetings, conferences and other events. Be able to learn new software skills quickly, and have the ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
6. Providing administrative support for the Director of Collection Management – including record retention, contract files, ordering supplies, inventory management, shipping and coordinating supplies to outsourcing vendors, answering phones, division Intranet updates, and distributing mail.
7. Responsible for serving as a technical resource for Collection Management staff to use and/or resolve problems with equipment, software and data.
8. Responsible for handling sensitive and confidential information.
The minimum requirements include an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
More than three years relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience; competent PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite or applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional is required. Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, an employer-paid pension plan, four weeks of vacation & ten days sick leave accumulated annually, flexible benefit plan, business casual dress code, and a professional work environment.
The deadline for applications is Monday, February 18, 2013 at 4 p.m. Interested candidates must apply on-line at www.indypl.org to be considered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.