Braille Institute of America, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate blindness and severe sight loss as a barrier to the fulfillment of life. Through educational training, programs and services, Braille Institute helps people regain and maintain their independence through five regional centers (Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Rancho Mirage, and San Diego) and through more than 135 community outreach programs
We currently are seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant (22.50 hours per week) for our Orange County Regional Center in Anaheim. Reporting to the Executive Director, Orange County, this position is responsible for:
- Answering phones and receive visitors;
- Providing visitors and callers an overview of department operations;
- Sorting and delivering mail;
- Supporting department staff including filing, compiling data, preparing reports and record keeping;
- Proofreading, printing and distributing correspondence;
- Assisting with providing coverage for other administrative functions as needed.
Braille Institute of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Knowledge of administrative support services;
- Excellent people and customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills both in person and on the phone;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills utilizing MS Word, Excel and data entry skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.