This position provides administrative and secretarial support in a variety of departments throughout the University. Responsibilities include interpretations of routine policies, rules and regulations, budgetary support, recording data, public information, making appointments and arrangements, work requests, correspondence and memoranda. The individual works within a general outline of duties to be performed; develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with over 6,000 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
1. Provide administrative and secretarial support to the department.
2. Answers inquiries requiring interpretation of routine polices, rules and regulations.
3. Make and maintain appointment schedule for the department chair
4. Records data from a variety of sources, calculating, and completing standardized records and forms.
5. Assist public by providing general information either in person or by telephone, mail, or e-mail.
6. Prepares agenda and compiles data for meetings.
7. Prepares correspondence, memoranda, technical and administrative reports, contracts and proposals.
8. Assist in electronic access issuance for campus community
9. Other duties as assigned
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Proficient in the use of general office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, etc.
2. Working knowledge of various software applications such as MicroSoft Suite, Banner, etc.
3. Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
4. Proficient in the use of English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, administrators and other staff and to be customer service oriented.
High School diploma and a minimum of two years experience in an administrative/secretarial capacity, or an Associate degree, business/vocational technical degree, or specialized training equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college education with emphasis in secretarial duties or a closely related field
Special Instructions to Applicants
Southern Polytechnic State University - 13 months ago