Aids Business Development Vice President and other BD executives in staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving the administrative functions of the office. A primary mission of this position is to relieve the executive of administrative type functions in order to increase the time an executive has available for executive level responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described - performs related duties as requested)
· Advises individuals inside the organization and senior administrative personnel for all business development activities outside the organization on the executive views on major policies or current issues facing the organization: May serve as the executive's representative at meetings and express the executive's viewpoints at such meetings.
· Contacts or responds to contacts from high-ranking individuals who may be from large national or international customers and may involve unique situations and each contact must be handled differently, using judgment and discretion.
· Identifies and resolves various problems that affect the orderly flow of work in transactions with parties outside the organization.
· Compose and sign correspondence (other than establishing policy) for executive as appropriate and ensures all projects receive and understand the correspondence.
· Notes commitments made by executives during meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
· On own initiative, arranges for staff members to represent organization at meetings and conferences.
· Reads outgoing correspondence for executive approval and alerts writers to any conflicts or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints.
· In executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
· As needed, interprets request and helps implement action, decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
· Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of administrative problems Issues and interprets operating policies.
· Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as budget expenditures, and statistical records of performance data.
· Prepares particulars including the agenda for conferences or off-site meetings; explains discussion topics to participants; drafts introductions and develops background information and prepares outlines for executive or staff member(s) to use in writing speeches.
· Drafts presentations to executive management and/or clients including content and graphics.
Education and Experience: (or equivalent)
Bachelor degree with major related to job duties. Business Administration major desired.
Four years executive level administrative support preferably in business development, including
two years of independent office management for executive(s) on travel.
Knowledge and Skills:
Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office WORD, EXCEL, MicroSoft Project, and PowerPoint
Tactfulness and diplomacy.
Some travel based upon business development needs.
IAP Worldwide Services - 12 months ago
IAP - Your Global Challenges Partner
IAP is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional...