Under direction, the fully operational classification receives instructions in general terms, utilizes independent judgment within established procedures and guidelines, answers routine inquiries and refers difficult questions and problems to higher levels. This classification requires considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures in order to perform moderately complex office support duties; includes work leaders or working supervisors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as receptionist or first-line liaison to internal and external contacts.
- Utilizes department or University policies, procedures, and practices to answer routine inquiries or resolve problems based on precedents.
- Supervises, provides work direction, and trains student and clerical employees.
- Maintains budget, researches and processes expenditures for payment, and prepares fiscal
- Establishes, and maintains department files, and databases, and creates reports.
- Researches and gathers information.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and schedules classrooms or conference rooms; coordinates special events.
- Provides equipment set-up and operation, and all aspects of classroom support for faculty and
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies
- Maintains website, and assists with development and design of publications.
- Prepares documents, meeting materials, and correspondence, and takes minutes or transcribes
Administrative assistant is expected to assist in managing the educational, financial and administrative components of the Year 3 and 4 clinical and didactic programs in collaboration with the CORE Assistant Dean, the CORE Administrator, other CORE employees and workers at the hospital, the college and the university.
- Performs routine office support duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clerical: Provide clerical and administrative support for the CORE office. Perform a variety of typing duties. Screen mail and compose and type correspondence as directed. Maintain department files, including confidential student and preceptor records, ensuring that records are updated and maintained according to the record retention schedule. Schedule appointments, make travel arrangements using available technology, develop itinerary and assist with planning special events and meetings. Schedule classrooms and conference rooms. Enter data into computerized management system(s); monitor that data for student progress in meeting educational requirements. Maintain inventory and order supplies. Use hospital, departmental and university policies to respond to requests, answer questions not requiring personal administrative input and make decisions based on precedent. Prepare documents and reports, take and transcribe meeting minutes. Assist with post-rotation exams, didactic and other curricular requirements.
Budgetary: Provide budgetary support, maintain accurate bookkeeping records, maintain purchasing card transactions and expense reports. Prepare or assist with the preparation of financial and reports and forms.
Other: Other duties as assigned.
Or equivalent of the education and experience listed above.
- 9 mos. training or 9 mos. experience in office practices, policies, and procedures.
- 1 mo. experience in databases.
- 1 mo. experience in public relations.
- 1 mo. experience in budget analysis.
- 1 course or 3 mos. experience in operation of computer and calculator.
- Ability to provide routine administrative support
- Ability to establish and maintain department files and databases
- Ability to act as receptionist or liaison to internal and external contacts
Candidates may be required to complete a skill assessment(s) to verify level of proficiency in required skills/qualifications.
Experience in Microsoft Office products, must be proficient in Excel and Word
Experience in accounting and budget
Experience in the operation of a computer and calculator
Must be able to demonstrate effective communication and time management skills;
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are also required.
Previous office experience in an educational setting.
Employee training and development*
Web page development techniques*
- Developed after employment
Ohio University - 20 months ago