The Administrative Assistant will support the Senior Director(s), Clinical Excellence. Assistant will provide all secretarial and administrative functions. These functions vary and sometimes require a certain degree of independent judgment. This individual represents Clinical Excellence and the Ascension Health System office to others within the System and to external parties.
- Performs all secretarial functions which includes, but is not limited to opening and sorting mail; telephone work including conference call setup; ordering and maintaining office supplies and subscriptions/renewals, developing and maintaining filing system; monitoring and processing invoices for payment; organizing and monitoring itineraries and calendars; coordinating travel arrangements and processing expenses for reimbursement; handling all incoming correspondence and composition and/or transcription of outgoing correspondence; developing and maintaining a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Coordinates and makes appropriate arrangements for meetings, conferences, and workshops (both in the office and off-site) including travel, lodging, meals, etc., for attendees; when applicable, prepares and coordinates meeting materials, presentations and audio/visual materials; monitors expenditures.
- Provides administrative support for the preparation of department deliverables and monitors communications and timelines , including meeting with other departments when needed.
- Proofreads all documents produced, checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammatical errors, as well as ensuring that all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are intact. Follows Ascension Health guidelines.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with visitors/vendors and Ascension Health staff, as required.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to other department and System office staff when necessary.
Individual must have a high school diploma, a minimum of five years’ experience at the executive level and possess above-average secretarial skills, including proficient use of office equipment. Post high school education and training is preferred .
Experience within a complex healthcare environment including knowledge and exposure to healthcare terminology is highly desired.
Computer capabilities in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software are required. Excellent attention to detail, communication and grammar skills are required, along with the essential ability to function independently, professionally and efficiently. Needs to support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Ascension Health and set a positive example for other secretarial/administrative staff of the division.
Occasional travel, while infrequent, may also be required.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health - 22 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...