Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Clinical Placement Specialist in the School of Nursing.
* Managing the details of the clinical agency placement process for nursing students in the Graduate and Undergraduate programs. This involves updating and refining information and developing layouts, forms, letters, lists and reports as required by the Clinical Placement Specialist, faculty, and outside boards and agencies
* Communicates with students to ensure compliance with internal school policies/requirements and outside agency credentialing requirements.
* Organizing and maintaining clinical placement agency documents and files
* Generating and tracking clinical agency contracts and letters of agreement, involving phone and mail correspondence with preceptors and agencies and with BC's Director of Risk Management and Legal Counsel
* Maintaining and updating the graduate preceptor database to produce certificates and letters of appreciation and tuition benefit information for preceptors
* Collaborating with Clinical Placement Specialist and Dean's office to manage details of preceptor rewards/gifts program and special events.
* Participating in meetings with Graduate Clinical faculty and Associate Deans to assist with problem-solving related to the process and database issues.
* Maintaining the Clinical Placement Specialist's schedule and arranging meetings, appointments, and travel plans, including processing of travel reimbursements. Prioritizing and screening the Clinical Placement Specialist's mail, phone calls, and visitors.
* Preparing and organizing correspondence for the Clinical Placement Specialist.
* Collaborates with UG and Grad office to insure that immunization records and credentialing documents for all UG and Grad students are current to meet the clinical requirements.
*3+ years of administrative support experience preferably in an academic setting
*Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
*Ability to understand organizational priorities
*High degree of flexibility to handle changing priorities
*Ability to exercise good judgment and respect for confidentiality
*Ability to work both as a part of a team and independently (with minimal supervision)
*Requires excellent computer skills including proficiency at the intermediate level in FileMaker Pro, MS Word, and Excel.
*Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
*Experience with PeopleSoft, Vista, and MS Outlook preferred
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.