The Management Trust
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Aurora, CO
SALARY: $13.00 - $15.00 Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, believes building a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It begins with the promise of integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee owned community management firm in the nation. We strive to create an environment that allows every Employee Owner the freedom to be their true and best self, the freedom to grow professionally, and personally, and the freedom to prosper emotionally, intellectually, and financially. However, with freedom comes great responsibility. We have made a significant investment in our training, equipment, and culture. By inviting our Employee Owners to become equity partners, we expect a lot in return ~ your active participation in growing our business. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore our Ownership Opportunities and how your unique gifts and talents will be cultivated and allowed to flourish. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENTS:
Within the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting under the direction of the Community Association Manager(s), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general administrative support functions for Association Managers in the Colorado office, including, but not limited to the specific tasks as outlined below.
- Our industry is relatively recession proof. We are unique in our industry as we provide the highest level of customer service and hospitality because of our internal efficiencies. Our reputation affords us the opportunity for unprecedented growth. The person that fills this position will be a key member in creating and sustaining that growth.
- Answer incoming calls and independently field questions and/or route calls to appropriate staff.
- Provide customer service to walk ins. Accept assessment payments and supply a receipt. Handle homeowner gate remote and key requests. Track Vendor key usage.
- Respond to phone inquiries using information from Association manuals, CC&Rs, Rules & Regulations and other administrative documents.
- Imputing phone numbers, change of address and email addresses into the system for new or current homeowners.
- Using TrustLink association management software, generate work orders from data provided by Association Managers via inspection reports, task lists, email and voice mail messages.
- Print and send work orders to vendors using FAX or email; follow up as needed or directed.
- Using TrustLink association management software, prepare and process violation letters for mailing from data provided by Association Managers via inspection reports, task lists, email and voice mail messages.
- Meter mail and log postage. Certified mail preparation regularly.
- Pick up and drop off mail from mail box. Sort through mail, stamp accordingly and distribute to the correct person or department. Resends any returned mail with an updated address and enters notes into Trustlink.
- Ensures that the mail is picked up and dropped off daily. Making sure that homeowner/vendor/board member etc. correspondence is delivered to the appropriate person.
- Prepare and mail Welcome Packets for new homeowners.
- Prepare and mail coupon books request to owners.
- Receive and then distribute requests for insurance to appropriate HOA insurance agency
- Process letters into LaserFiche electronic document management system.
- Prepare requests for Bid from data provided by Association Managers via inspection reports, task lists, email and voice mail messages. Distribute bid requests to vendors. Track bid status, and follow up as needed or directed.
- Prepare (independently and from drafts) newsletters, flyers, notices and other publishing documents using MS Word. Coordinate with Mass Communications staff to duplicate and distribute prepared items.
- Independently and from drafts, using information provided via task lists, email and voice messages, prepare letters, memos, forms and reports for Homeowners, Board Members and vendors.
- Using TrustLink association management software, run violation and work order reports and Board labels. Update and print correspondence summaries and log in proxy ballots (Annual Meetings only).
- Attend Annual Board Meetings to assist with balloting and check-in.
- Assist Managers in follow up on action items from meetings such as compliance letters, follow up letters, etc.
- Assist Managers, AR and AP with filing
- Receive completed checks from AP and follow instructions to mail signed checks to pay HOA bills. File HOA copies of invoices
- Box/archive end of year documentation for client communities
- Keep CondoCerts information updated quarterly and process Welcome and Status letters as quickly as possible
- Contact all community vendors and require written proof of insurance to be submitted for TMT-PMA files
- Apply incidental costs to appropriate client charge sheet.
- Assist Managers with special projects, research information for correspondence and/or assignments, special order items for Associations, follow-up on pending items, assist with archiving projects (Box Day, etc.), program gates, remotes and other access devices, file documents using LaserFiche (electronic document management software), and coordinate Association clubhouse reservations.
- The ability to work independently, with little oversight, but with accountability to executive management for the end result achieved.
- Represent our company with the highest of integrity and standards.
- A positive attitude and ownership mentality, as each employee can build their own future here.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to learn quickly and use available resources to research solutions.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities.
- Willingness to learn company processes and procedures and use new software.
- Adaptable and dependable with solid attendance record.
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests.
- Ability to interact with upset/irate callers or visitors.
- Ability and desire to conform to company policies/processes and work within employer expectations.
- Commitment to excellence and high-quality customer service.
- Skilled at de-escalating irate callers.
- Ability to work independently, with little direction, and as part of a team.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Fold letters and stuff envelopes.
- Use computer mouse and keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move/lift twenty-five (25) pounds.