The Administrative Assistant will support the Senior Director, Benefit and Wellness Programs; the Director, Executive Benefits and Actuarial Services; the Director, Retirement Administration and the Compensation & Benefits department staff. The Assistant will provide all secretarial and administrative functions to these groups and provide backup support to the Compensation & Benefits administration team as needed. The functions vary and sometimes require a degree of independent judgment. This individual represents the Compensation & Benefits Department and Ascension Health to others within the System and to external parties. This position requires a thorough knowledge of divisional and system policies, procedures and operations.
- Performs all secretarial functions required for support of these Directors and the department’s consulting teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to opening and sorting mail; telephone work including conference call setup; meeting coordination and setup; ordering and maintaining office supplies and subscriptions/renewals, developing and maintaining filing system; monitoring and processing invoices for payment; organizing and monitoring itineraries and calendars; coordinating travel arrangements and processing expenses for reimbursement; handling all incoming correspondence and composition and/or transcription of outgoing correspondence; developing and maintaining a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Develops mail merge documents, presentations for meetings, and letters for consulting teams as needed.
- Maintains the department calendar and the calendars for the Senior Director, Benefit and Wellness Programs and other senior staff members, in a manner that supports the needs of the Staff and Health Ministries. Screens outside vendors and determines which vendors to review further with the appropriate staff member to determine if an appointment is necessary.
- Coordinates and makes appropriate arrangements for meetings, conferences, and workshops (both in the office and off-site) including travel, lodging, meals, etc., for attendees; when applicable, prepares and coordinates meeting materials, presentations and audio/visual materials; monitors expenditures.
- Act as administrative liaison to the Compensation and Benefit Work Team, the Ascension Health Clinical Committee and the Pension Committee and Pension Subcommittee. Maintains meeting schedule, attends meetings, coordinates technology setup, takes minutes and maintains distribution lists for these groups.
- Proofreads all documents produced, checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammatical errors, as well as ensuring that all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are included.
- Stays current on Ascension Health System Office policies and procedures for office management, document standards, and other standard business practices required by the System Office to support department needs.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with visitors/vendors and Ascension Health staff, as required.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in handling highly sensitive information, including benefit plan design and individual pay/benefits information. Conducts all work in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Ascension Health.
- Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- High school diploma is required.
- Post high school education and training is preferred.
- Must possess above-average secretarial skills, including proficient use of office equipment.
- Computer capabilities in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software are required.
- Excellent communication and grammar skills are required , along with the essential ability to function independently, professionally and efficiently.
- Must support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Ascension Health and set a positive example for other secretarial/administrative staff of the division.
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...