Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$719 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Enterprise Technical Services, assisting the Director of ETS Information Services. The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support, including phone coverage, calendar maintenance, travel arrangements, meeting and conference call setups, typing and other administrative duties, as requested by the Director and his teams.
The position entails a number of general administrative responsibilities including the following:
The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for preparing presentation material, updating various internal metrics charts and assisting with the production of meeting agendas and minutes.
- Significant telephone coverage
- Production of memos, correspondence, and other documents
- Coordination of meeting and travel arrangements
- Calendar, mail, and file management
- Distribution list management
- Organizational chart updates
- Assistance with a variety of departmental projects
- Creating and publishing spreadsheets, agendas, memos, diagrams, graphics, meeting minutes and a number of independent projects as they arise
The ideal candidate for this role will be a smart, motivated, professional with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Administrative Assistant is expected to work well independently and in a team, be comfortable taking initiative, balance various concurrent projects, think critically, and be open to learning.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in an administrative position
- Information Services background useful
- Team player, self-starter who possesses a high degree of professionalism
- Enthusiasm, energy, initiative in a must
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to handle frequent, high-level contact with grace and good judgment is also critical
- Demonstrated analytical skills as well as a proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Presentation preparation skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work under deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wellington Management - 22 months ago
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management...