Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for a specified department requiring a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports and prepares a range of administrative documents.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities; serves as a liaison with other departments in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems. Screens, prioritizes, and routes telephone calls.
- Provides administrative support by taking initiative, anticipating needs and carrying out projects in a timely manner within delegated scope of authority.
- Uses knowledge of computer skills for calendar/schedule management; to compose and edit correspondence, develop spreadsheets and presentations following verbal direction, or from knowledge of project goals.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops, maintains and performs routine analyses and calculations of data for internal reports.
- Assists management and staff in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Attends meetings or conferences as assigned; may prepare, transcribe, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisors.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitive practices as they relate generally to the function.
- Other: Performs related duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED required.
- Formal training on a personal computer to utilize various business software programs including word processing, data base management and spreadsheets. Experience on an advanced level
- preferred (i.e., Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience, within the last five years.
- Working in the healthcare field preferred.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Administrative and Clerical
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 19 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...