The Administrative Assistant will have primary responsibility for general administration that directly supports the Group Sales department and management team. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for distributing reports, writing/typing correspondence and other documents, answering telephone calls, and assisting with mailings / projects, typing contracts and proposals, Excel and Word document forms. Additional duties include providing guests with information, tickets, and rooms in a group sales office environment.
· High school diploma required.
· At least two (2) years related administrative experience, preferably in a high volume sales or hospitality environment. The ideal candidate will have had prior experience working in a similar position in an upscale resort/attraction environment
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly learn Biltmore’s reservations and sales systems.
· Ability to type 60 words per minute
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, (includes proper use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.)
· Outstanding organizational and planning skills with a superior attention to detail.
· Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic department and provide world class service to a wide range of internal and external customers.
· Extensive office/administrative skills (i.e. telephone, typing, filing, fax, etc.)
· Ability to take direction from multiple managers and prioritize under deadlines.
· Ability to be professional in both attire and demeanor in a manner consistent with company standards at all times.
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
· Must have a TEAM spirit and positive attitude.
· The incumbent will work in an office environment
· The incumbent will be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
· Remain sitting for 60% of the shift
· Utilize office machinery throughout shift
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...