Performs complex and confidential administrative functions to facilitate operations within assigned department. Assists all team members in the Human Resources department in their daily work for the corporate and field offices.
1. Coordinates posting of property and corporate office position openings on internal and external websites.
2. Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for Vice President of Human Resources; prepares monthly lists for distribution to a variety of internal and external constituents.
3. Disseminates information regarding company policies, group purchasing opportunities, upcoming dept. initiatives.
4. Communicates with property HR Managers by finding answers or forwarding questions to the appropriate person within the department. Provides information/forms/supplies to new HR managers, new properties.
5. Types, designs, edits general correspondence, letters, forms, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
6. Sorts and distributes department mail.
7. Maintains HR section of intranet.
8. Works independently and within the team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects, managing assigned aspects of projects, including: research, analysis, compilation and dissemination of information.
9. Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, conference calls, travel and department activities.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain the interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
2. Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the Company.
3. Exhibit knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
4. Maintain consistent attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
5. Work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- High school diploma or GED required; two-year degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer five years experience in an HR dept, in a corporate setting, or with HR duties.
- CPS preferred but not required.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts - 17 months ago