Primary Purpose of the Position
In this highly visible position, the individual is proactive and responsible for working independently as the primary liaison for the Human Resources Managers and Generalist team. Tasks include, but are not limited to inquiries from payroll, compensation, learning and development, benefits, and recruiting. The individual leverages the manager(s) time by managing the day-to-day activities and acts as the intermediary on his/her behalf. The individual works independently with very limited direction and possesses a thorough knowledge of the organization and the activities associated with the Human Resources process.
1. Assist in special projects related to human resources and business units supported. Work at times may be complex, sensitive and highly confidential and based on an in-depth knowledge of human resources policies and procedures, business unit knowledge, client relationships, and personnel matters. Some projects may require the individual to take the lead role in managing a process.
2. Manages compensation issues by providing compensation analysis to HR Managers and the Generalist team. Helps to manage the year end compensation process for the HR Managers and Generalists for appointed business units.
3. Produces monthly business unit reporting distributions and ad hoc reports to ensure data integrity for use by HR Mangers, Generalists and Business Units in decision making. Compile, create and maintain various reports, databases and charts using various software applications that may require an advanced level of knowledge; responsible for the development, running and analysis of requests.
4. Manage information flow. Create and coordinate appropriate materials for meetings, appointments and presentations. Opens and distributes mail, maintains files and responds to routine matters on the behalf of the manager and generalists.
5. Foster successful relationships through direct interaction with peers and others. Partner with management to build a collaborative working environment while promoting leadership, exercising good judgment and professionalism. At times, may be asked to represent manager to a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
6. Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline the quality and efficiency of work and aid management in the implementation of organizational change. Be a role model and mentor to associates.
- High school diploma/equivalent and 2 years related work experience, or Associate degree and 1 year related work experience, or College degree.
- Expert in Microsoft applications
- Proficient in Business Objects
- Proficient in PeopleSoft
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills; highest degree of professionalism, maturity and diplomacy
- Able to work both independently and with other management staff under time constraints and stringent deadlines
- Solid understanding of corporate and human resources policies and procedures
- Ability to manage difficult/sensitive situations discreetly and bring to a successful conclusion
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- College degree
- Human resources coursework
T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc. - 19 months ago
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...