Openings as of 10/18/2013
Secretarial/Clerical - Classified
Administrative Assistant - Learning Services
Email To A Friend
Secretarial/Clerical - Classified
Administrative Assistant – Learning Services
Posted: October 18, 2013
Deadline for application
: October 25, 2013
: 260 Days
: $14.99/hr, plus benefits
: 8 hours per day, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Nature and Scope of Job
To ensure that the department is represented in a professional manner at all times. Provide direct support and assistance to department staff so that State and Federal reports are completed in a timely manner, if appropriate. Assist the department staff in compiling and disseminating information, preparing for seminars, workshops or presentations. Provide accurate correspondence to the district, community and/or state personnel as required. Individuals will be expected to follow district and state policy in regards to knowledge of and/or destruction of confidential information. Public relations skills, sensitivity, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are essential. Duties will consist of routine office procedures and a variety of assigned projects.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
: Ability to maintain current e-mail systems including daily receiving and sending of messages. Ability to perform routine administrative details without direction from supervisor. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and general public. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and E-Mail as well as other job-appropriate software applications. Flexibility and excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance. Proficient in the operation of office equipment. Proficient in Business English, spelling and office procedures. Ability to assume responsibility for handling of administrative details with high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. Ability to complete difficult tasks within time constraints and work with frequent interruptions. Ability to pay attention to detail. Ability to apply position knowledge to efficiently keep records, project timelines, and organize daily office flow. Must have knowledge of organization and operation of district. Decision-making may require collaboration with director(s), chief officer(s) and/or coordinator(s), but position relies on ability to make sound decisions as appropriate based on need. Work is guided by Weld County School District 6 policies and procedures. Bilingual skills helpful (English/Spanish). Ability to perform all functions of the position.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and completion of one year of college or business school with classes involving computer training and accounting/bookkeeping.
- Or any other combination of related experience of related education, experience, and training.
Essential Job Functions
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Serves as receptionist. Screens and routes incoming calls to appropriate individual or responds to questions and complaints within scope of authority. Takes messages and responds to assigned questions from students, parents, staff and community members. Schedules appointments for supervisors.
- Makes appointments, and assists in the coordination of calendar for director, chief officer, coordinator and/or manager as assigned.
- Composes routine correspondence by typing reports, letters, tabulations and other materials from copies, rough drafts and e-mails.
- Compiles data for a variety of reports and bulletins. Ensures accuracy of information. Develops computer forms, charts and graphs as needed for reports and other documents.
- Maintains and when appropriate, updates department and district policy notebook, within scope of authority, responds to questions regarding Weld County School District 6 policies, procedures and practices, as well as, department policies, procedures and practices.
- Gathers data and prepares reports including district, state and federal reporting.
- Participates in regular and special planning efforts of the department.
- May assist in special projects with members of one or more departments in areas such as cross training, major document production, problem solving, planning, etc.
- Utilizes computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and scheduling, in project management efforts. May include extensive work in Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Excel and data management systems and databases, as well as Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Acts as receptionist. Answers and routes phone calls and distributes incoming mail. Maintains files and orders supplies.
- Operates office equipment and trains other personnel in operation of such equipment.
- Compiles data and prints a variety of reports for the District and State government.
- May handle routine inquiries and complaints from the public and District's patrons. Answers questions within scope of authority.
- May shred documents according to State Archive and District guidelines. Uses judgment as to what documents to shred and when.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to compare, analyze and compile.
- Frequently required to communicate, compute, synthesize, evaluate and use interpersonal skills.
- Occasionally required to copy, coordinate, instruct and negotiate.
- Assists administration in the recruitment and placement of additional department team members.
- May be responsible for assisting all leave requests (adds, changes, deletions) into the system, and makes sure staff members have proper forms (i.e. payment vouchers, leave requests, Copy Center requests).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for department staff.
- Coordinates meeting locations and setup.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience.The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Weld County School District - 12 months ago