This position will provide administrative support to a given department or multiple departments. Under the general supervision of the Nursing Program Administrator, with a high level of confidentiality, performs, coordinates, and oversees technical and office administrative support work within the Nursing Program, including the provision of varied, complex office administrative support for managerial, professional and instructional staff. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Provide assistance to the Nursing Program Adminstrator for matters related to faculty, students, and operations at the program level
- Provides general guidance to technical and clerical personnel, assists with recruitment at all levels, develops and implements improved office and department procedures; acts independently in completing basic management studies, overseeing well-defined projects and providing expert professional assistance to supporting staff.
- Ensure that office administrative functions are carried out through direct work or coordination with other employees
- Perform difficult, complex, technical, and/or specialized office support work, which requires the exercise of independent judgment, the application of technical skills and the detailed knowledge of the activities and procedures specific to Nursing.
- Serves as the primary point of direct administrative contact for new students, prospective students, and other Brown Mackie departments; serves as a liason for Nursing Program external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, applications, forms, vouchers, work orders, and specialized documents related to Nursing; proofreads materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance with departmental/institution policies, formatting, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Oversees all academic and health/safety files for Nursing students and faculty.
- Perform routine clerical duties including filing, copying, typing, preparing agendas and meeting minutes. Order supplies and maintain all office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines, and printers.
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries as appropriate. Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate destination. Maintain calendars, schedule travel arrangements as needed, schedule meetings, set up Web Ex meetings
- Enter data into Lawson System, run reports to provide data out of Lawson System
- Track spending and submit budget reports following budgetary guidelines. Act as a liaison with vendors in ensures invoices are up to date. Assist in forecasting future budgetary needs
- Participate in special projects as assigned, Act as contact person and keep timeline updated.
- Plan/Coordinate off-site conferences and events
- Maintain SharePoint Intranet website for the department, provide assistance to others using the site.
- Assist the Medical Assisting and Occupational Therapy programs as needed (as approved by the Nursing Program Administrator)
Staff, visitors, outside vendors
- Hold an Associate Degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- Have at least two years experience in an administrative support position; administrative support experience in an academic institution is preferred.
- Experience scheduling conference calls and meetings.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of standard business productivity, computer database management and Internet applications on personal computers.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrate the ability to respect students and colleagues.
- Have the ability to read, interpret and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations with assistance of the Nursing Program Administrator
- Have the ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from students, faculty, regulatory agencies, clinical partners, and/or public groups with the assistance of the Nursing Program Administrator
- Possess a strong committment to the mission and goals of Brown Mackie College
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 2 years ago
Brown Mackie College has been helping students change their lives through education for the past 120 years. With over 25 locations...