Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Operations & Maintenance
Job Title :
Administrative Assistant - Operations/HR
Type of Position:
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. 2 years as a human resources assistant or related experience.
3. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. 2-3 years of experience in a similar position with a large company.
2. Ability to multi task, manage time to meet job requirements, and provide administrative support to multiple team members as required.
3. Fluent in Microsoft Outlook suite of tools with the immediate ability to fully utilize all functions such as complex power point presentations, word processing, tracking meetings, appointments, scheduling, emails, etc.
4. Intermediate level experience utilizing Excel to create spreadsheets, pivot tables, track data, reporting, data mining, etc.
5. Excellent phone skills, verbal and written skills, and professional office presence with other employee and guests.
6. Fluent with office technology to provide support and navigate URS systems; ability to train other employees utilizing the HR conference room equipment and coordination of IT issues with IT Department
7. Experience summarizing/capturing in writing facts regarding complex matters or discussions.
8. Experience in purchasing and managing of office supplies.
9. Experience working with Senior and Executive Management level Employees arranging travel, organizing meetings, processing Visa’s, reconciling expense and travel reports, etc.
10. Detailed oriented with good filing, record keeping and follow-up skills.
This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
All Positions with URS will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
All Positions with URS may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
· Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
· Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
· Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
· Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
· Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
· Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Note: No relocation available.
URS has an Operations/Human Resources Administrative Assistant position available at our Peoria, Illinois office.
This position will report directly to the HR Manager while interfacing and providing support to Operations and Human Resources personnel. Assignments will vary, but predominately will include support to the Operations/HR team. Must have excellent communication skills and professional office etiquette. Must be able to multitask and keep deadlines in a fast paced HR environment. Must have the flexibility to accommodate work schedule to align with the business needs.
At URS, we specialize, in part, in facilities management and maintenance for industrial, manufacturing, distribution and commercial sites worldwide. When you work for URS, you join 57,000 employees providing world class technical services to our customers. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off and 401k plan with 5% match, etc. – and your benefits start the same day you do. Come join our team!
URS Corporation - 13 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...