This position performs responsible administrative office work assisting the Community Services Director. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Functions & Duties:
As Administrative Assistant:
- All administrative duties, including screening calls and visitors, taking messages, scheduling appointments and meetings and making travel arrangements.
- Attend meetings, take and transcribe minutes utilizing shorthand or a recorder.
- Compose correspondence, memos, and forms, using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Answer general information questions and requests and handles all requests and complaints in an efficient, courteous manner.
- Gather, interpret and prepare data for studies, reports, forms, and proposals.
- Assist in the development of notices, flyers, brochures, newsletters, media releases, news articles, and other informational material about programs and services.
- Prepare Purchase Orders.
- Monitor weekly time sheets.
- Complete daily cash logs.
- Coordinate, monitor, and complete pavilion rental permits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE :
- A High School Diploma or GED, including or supplemented by courses in Secretarial Science. Associates Degree in Business or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Knowledge of City and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Two (2) years of experience in an administrative position or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet the public and establish effective working relationships with City employees, employees of other agencies, and the general public.
- Skill in taking and/or transcribing notes and minutes utilizing shorthand or a voice recorder.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain complex records and prepare accurate reports.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Work is performed in an air conditioned office. There are frequent interruptions from the general public for information or assistance.
- The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, stand, bend, talk, and hear. The employee is required to: walk; use hands to operate equipment; finger, handle or feel objects, or controls to reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual to perform the essential functions of this position.