SSVF = Supportive Services for Veteran Families
JOB TITLE : ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DIVISION : CLINICAL SERVICES/OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO : PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Major Functions :
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of secretarial, clerical and administrative tasks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
Job Requirements :
- Types and word-processes agency reports, documents, memos, correspondence etc.
- Maintains appropriate Department files of reports, correspondence, memos etc.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a filing system for agency documents.
- Prepares folders for new files, files folders in a timely and correct manner.
- Retrieves files upon request.
- Sets up appointments, schedules meetings and coordinates schedules for department.
- Establishes and maintains appointments, meeting schedules for department.
- Accurately maintains work and appointment schedules.
- Helps prepare agendas, amenities, and set-ups for meetings.
- Conducts regularly scheduled inventories and orders new supplies as necessary.
- Maintains reception area, answer telephones and takes messages from external programs and agencies.
- Responsible for providing phone services for the department.
- Answers phones in a professional manner, screens calls, directs calls to appropriate person and takes accurate, complete messages when necessary.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Performs other clinical, secretarial and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Good communication, writing, filing, and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize/time manage towards meeting deadlines.
1. High School diploma or GED or Business School Certificate.
2. Two years of secretarial experience.
3. General computer knowledge and word processing skills using Microsoft WORD.
4. Ability to type 50 wpm.
Samaritan Village, in partnership with the New York City Department of Correction, provides discharge planning, motivation, and substance...