Provides complete administrative and secretarial support to Chief, and other physicians as well as director/manager. Assists Director, Administrator and practice manager with daily operations of the secretarial support team. Assists with the hiring process and provides on-site supervision and training of all clerical support staff. Maintains time records and tracks sick/vacation/holiday time for review by practice manager/director. Completes Kronos reports. Types physician on Call schedule for distribution. Prepares invoices for service agreement payment as directed by practice manager/director. Assures the completion of secretarial processes for receiving/communicating/placing in the medical record all clinical reports, including labs and letters. Answers telephone according to Hospital and section guidelines- accurately recording names, dates, times, telephone numbers in a clear and concise manner. Assures the completion of secretarial processes for receiving and documenting clinical telephone calls. Sorts and distributes mail. Promptly and effectively handles requests for medical records. Effectively arranges for coverage of responsibilities when out of the office. Provides front desk coverage when necessary due to absence of staff or as patient schedule demands. Provides accurate medical transcription in a timely manner. Completes all processes including pre-certification, paperwork and communication for scheduling cardiac catherizations. Assists section chief, practice manager/director and physicians as needed. Ensures timely support to help with any travel arrangements, CME’s, teaching, residency program or grant support needs, Directorship logs, call schedules, and completion of credentialing paperwork as needed. Supervises volunteers and students. Follows and interprets SCPA policies and procedures. Maintains strict employee and patient confidentiality according to the polices and procedures of SCPA Understands the needs of the organization and as a liaison supports and facilitates the mission, values and management of SCPA. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in word-processing, excel, PowerPoint, database management and automated systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to unpredictable situations exercising good judgment
- Pleasant and professional conduct and appearance in accordance with SCPA standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Excels in customer service
Training & Education:
High school diploma (or equivalent) required. Associate degree, office management preferred. Knowledge and/or training in medical terminology, typing/keyboarding, computer skills preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous demonstrated work experience in related position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Prior experience working in an Academic setting is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with managed care organizations and the credentialing process is desired.
Responsible for the supervision of all clerical support staff in conjunction with the practice manager
Responsible for the supervision of students/volunteers in conjunction with the Director
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
- 22 months ago - save job