Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Provide secretarial/administrative support to the Administrative Director, Practice Plan Operations for Surgery and Anesthesia.
1. Provide complex clerical/secretarial support services to Department Director and Sections within the Department of Surgery and Anesthesia reporting to Department Administrator. Compose letters and memoranda from dictation, handwritten documents or verbal direction. Correspondence may be independently developed based on instructions with attention to deadlines.
2. Gather and arrange data and other information to facilitate project completion. Maintain record keeping activities through files, logs, ledgers, etc. Develop filing systems.
3. Support Director and Physicians in the recruitment efforts for open positions and physicians and the process of maintaining up-to-date records on all physicians within the areas of responsibility.
4. Prepare agendas for meetings, take minutes for meetings, schedule conferences utilizing electronic appointment calendar. Maintain Department of Surgery Conference Room utilization.
5. Preparation of check requests, expense reports and purchase orders following policy and procedure ensuring at all times that logs are maintained to assist/ensure follow-up. Copy and maintain logs of all expense reports and check requests completed in the Sections for follow-up.
6. Assist Business Manager, Director and Office Coordinators, in the development of tools to institute new programs and/or existing programs within medical sections.
7. Maintain up-to-date electronic curriculum vitas in the DUCOM format for all physicians in the Department of Surgery and Anesthesia.
8. Gather and arrange data and other information to facilitate project completion.
9. Support interview process and all on-going activities associated with the Pediatric Surgical Residency Program at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
10. Support Sections within the Department of Surgery as needed (e.g. phone coverage, correspondence, etc).
Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in computer based applications, spreadsheets, typing and database management including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel in a Windows based environment.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be able to exercise appropriate discretion, judgment, and self-direction.
Familiar with filing methodologies.
Strong organizational skills.
Maintain confidentiality of the workplace and adherence to company/department policy.
Training & Education:
High School graduate or equivalent. Additional higher education preferred.
Three to five years experience in a comparably responsible position. Must have experience with word processing (Word), database and spreadsheet (Excel) software. Knowledge of Power Point preferred.
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
8 Hour Day
Shift begin time
Shift end time
Tenet Healthcare - 10 months ago