- Schedules, organizes, and coordinates various department activities (meetings, events, etc.).
- Tracks and updates calendars and schedules.
- Updates the Department Director’s agendas for various meetings.
- Proofreads and edits products in every discipline and language, including bluelines for printed materials.
- Maintains and updates the department’s SharePoint website, including the department’s task list.
- Assists the Department Director with all aspects of planning and implementing department objectives.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information. Prioritizes requests and speedily disseminates information. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. Responds to requests for information. Handles confidential information and explains policies when necessary.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates the department’s filing systems. Files drafts of printed products and backup CDs. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Tracks expiration dates for all protocol versions and languages and lets the Shipping Department know when items need to be archived.
- Handles the department’s mail distribution.
- Supports the department in maintenance of the department finances (submits purchase orders, codes expenses to the appropriate accounts, completes expense reports, reports corporate credit card expenses).
- Maintains the department and floor inventories (e.g., file folders, kitchen supplies, etc.).
- Performs various typing, data entry, and office duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Superior command of the English language, including strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in composing and typing documentation, proofreading materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- High level of organizational skills to simultaneously manage multiple activities and priorities.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and standard office equipment at a level generally acquired through 3+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software. Microsoft Word and Excel is a must. The ability to learn new computer systems is required.
- Strong analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to anticipate the department’s needs and assist in prioritizing tasks and schedules accordingly.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires continually demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, dependability, and reliability.
- Proven history of exceptional attendance and punctuality.
Essential Job Functions
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Analyzing and interpreting data for long periods of time
- Concentrating for long periods of time
- Communicating in person and over the phone for long periods of time
- Regular and consistent attendance during core business hours
- Lifting and carrying 20-50 pounds frequently
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 3+ years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email resume with salary requirements. Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small, fast-growing provider of consulting, training, and software products for the public safety market. Priority Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc.
Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) provides comprehensive, integrated solutions for Police, Fire and Medical emergency dispatching. We incorporate the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch approved Priority Dispatch System® in all our products. PDC offers multi-agency emergency dispatching ProQA® Software, as well as a card-set version, AQUA® quality improvement software, training, consulting, and Academy accreditation support.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is a unique research company. While several have attempted to provide products and training for emergency calltaking...