The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the California Center for Sustainable Energy’s (CCSE) transportation team, which promotes cleaner transportation throughout California. The Administrative Assistant is member of the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) operations team and works with team members to efficiently and accurately process CVRP applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties are illustrative and may vary with individual assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Open and process incoming mail
- Process CVRP applications using a customized Salesforce.com CRM system
- Review CVRP application supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
- Work with CVRP project associates to process rebate applications with unusual circumstances
- Correspond with rebate applicants promptly and courteously via telephone and email
- Use and customize email templates to professionally communicate correct information to rebate applicants
- Organize, file, and store rebate applications
- Prepare and mail rebate checks to rebate applicants
- Communicate professionally and cooperate with fellow Administrative Assistants to complete rebate processing tasks
- Communicate with the CVRP operations project associate and project manager to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements
- Participate in regular training to learn and improve rebate processing skills
- Perform other duties, administrative in nature, as requested
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to understand processes at a conceptual level, follow them correctly, and ask questions when in doubt
- Ability to organize tasks in a way that suits your work style, accommodates your team members, and complies with required processes
- Strong multitasking, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to follow through on assignments and projects within required deadlines
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles is preferred
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and global warming is preferred
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred
COMPUTER AND/OR TECHNICAL SKILLS
- 1-2 years of experience in office/clerical work, customer support, application processing, or other areas directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for some work experience.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATES OR REGISTRATIONS
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com)
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Windows XP
Valid California Drivers License; insurable in the State of California.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds with or without assistance.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Employee must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CCSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
California Center for Sustainable Energy - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....