Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Administrative Assistant - Word Processor III
Fixed Term Contract
Type of Position:
High School diploma and 3 years of experience or vocational/technical training beyond high school and 1 year experience or equivalent. Requires operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point is required. Must possess excellent communications skills. Position may require travel.
Self-motivated, possess analytical skills and be customer-oriented.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance.
URS is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Word Processor III to provide operational and administrative support to our government client in Huntsville, Alabama.
This position is contigent and awaiting the contract to be awarded.
Operate word-processing equipment and utilize integrated software packages to complete varied standard assignment. Apply knowledge of department terminology and organization practices.
1. Type documentation according to required formats.
2. Work closely with technical editors/writers.
3. Integrate text and graphics into documents.
4. Create, format, and illustrate color presentations from hand written copy for external customers, company training, and business development.
5. Prepare technical reports, charts, tables, data bases and a wide variety of material in specific formats.
6. Provide departmental administrative support as needed.
7. Develop expertise using commercial and non-standard, specially developed word processing and data base programs.
8. Edit required documents for basic grammar, punctuation, syllabication, spelling, capitalization, usage applying specified guidelines.
9. Ensure all assets that are repaired shall be packaged for shipment in accordance with best commercial packaging instructions, as applicable. Items that are received in special reusable shipping and storage containers shall be packaged in applicable reusable shipping containers upon return.
10. Assure that all materials that may be labeled as hazardous are handled in accordance with applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations. Maintain required training and certification in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...