The Administrative Assistant 1 (AA1) is a full-time, classified position at Seattle Central Community College (SCCC). This position is part of the Executive Vice President (EVP) for Instruction & Student Services Office & reports to the Executive Assistant (EA). The AA1 Provides administrative support to the EVP and the EA. In addition, this position provides clerical support to the Counseling unit.
Under general direction, the AA1 will complete assignments using knowledge and experience specific to the department/unit. This position will exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and regulations. She/he will independently assist students, staff, & the public by providing program information, activities, policies & procedures; recommends appropriate courses of action.
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Given the financial challenges the State of Washington has been facing, employees currently in, or hired into, classified positions making $2500/month or more, represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) will take a one year 3% cut in salary effective July 1, 2012 through June 29, 2013. Rate posted above represents the 3% reduction.
- Reviews the work of the EVP and the EA for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinates the EVP’s & the EA’s work with internal departments and external agencies.
- Screens and schedules appointments for the EVP and the EA.
- Reviews and researches operating procedures and develops recommendations.
- Keeps the EA informed of significant and important items requiring her review or action; obtains information from staff members, relays assignments, calls attention to deadlines, and obtains progress reports.
- Maintains and reconciles budget accounts, monitors expenditures.
- Prepares meeting’s agenda; notifies attendees; attends meetings, and prepares minutes.
- Drafts and types letters, memos, narrative and statistical reports; assembles and summarizes information and data for use by the EA and the EVP.
- Updates student data in the Student Management System as appropriate.
- Updates and maintains departmental literature and website.
- Screens and responds to inquiries, questions, and correspondence on departmental matters via telephone, in person, and emails.
- Prepares travel, purchasing, payroll, and other documents; arranges for transportation and accommodations.
- Reads and distributes incoming mail; retains important correspondence for own or the EA's attention and routes others to appropriate employees.
- Proofreads outgoing mail, literature, and correspondence for form, content, and agreement with policies.
- Prepares and maintains student conduct and disciplinary records.
- Sets up and maintains files of correspondence and records.
- Refers students to appropriate counselors.
- Serves as a resource for students with various college processes relating to enrollment.
- Enters Human Development Courses in the quarterly schedules and orders books/materials; posts quarterly Information Sessions.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two (2) years of experience in the department specialty OR equivalent education/experience.
- Competency in MS office skills including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel.
- Knowledge of: basic administrative procedures; office practices; correspondence preparation; District and departmental policies; management procedures and practices.
- Ability to effectively plan and conduct the operation of an office; prepare coherent and meaningful reports; write clearly and effectively; work with others in developing programs and plans.
- P unctuality and work experience in a community college.
- Experience in SMS - Student Management System.
Seattle Community Colleges' transportation program offers more ways for students, faculty and staff to get to and from campus - and save...