Raytheon BBN Technologies, located in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant to support their Speech, Language, and Multimedia Technologies Business Unit.
The goal of the Business Unit Administrative Assistant is to provide value-added administrative support to help ensure smooth operations at their local facility and across other geographically located facilities. Qualified candidates must be able to provide day-to-day administrative support to all resident and visiting Speech, Language, and Multimedia Technologies staff, their guests and customers. This includes Facilities, HR, and Finance personnel if collocated in the office area or visiting from another office. This support includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Meeting / teleconference scheduling and logistical support (e.g., room preparation, projectors, lunches, presentation media and materials, greeting/escorting guests, making travel changes/arrangements for visitors as required, and room clean-up after the meeting).
- Processing and tracking reimbursement/check requests and purchase requisitions; including soliciting vendor quotes to support proposal development.
- Handle travel arrangements for the staff, and process trip and expense reports.
- Organize and maintain an office filing system to include copies of expense payments.
- Sending, receiving and distribution of fax documents at their location.
- Maintain and distribute department and/or site tracking reports as assigned (e.g., BBN equipment auditing, requisition status, mailing/contact lists, department distribution lists).
- Typing, formatting, reproducing, packaging and distributing documents and presentation materials in support of programs and department activities.
- Light proof reading and format review of documents written by staff members.
- Maintain a ready and available supply of common office supplies; help staff with special order requests, approval process and procurement within department guidelines.
- Assist with new staff check-in / orientation processes and exiting staff check-out processes.
- Coordination with facilitates support personnel.
- Sort and distribute paychecks, W-2 forms, etc.
- Sort and distribute mail delivered to the department mail stops on a daily basis.
- Provide telephone coverage for the local site as required.
- Mentor and assist more junior administrators as required.
- Handle highly confidential material with discretion.
- Perform other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
**Raytheon BBN Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.**
BBN Technologies - 12 months ago
Al Gore may have invented the Internet, but Raytheon BBN Technologies launched the ARPANET, one of the first computer-based communication...