This position will provide administrative support to a given department or multiple departments. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Perform routine clerical duties including filing, copying, typing, preparing agendas and meeting minutes. Order supplies and maintain all office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines, and printers.
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries as appropriate. Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate destination. Maintain calendars, schedule travel arrangements as needed, schedule meetings, set up Web Ex meetings
- Enter data into Lawson System, run reports to provide data out of Lawson System
- Track spending and submit budget reports following budgetary guidelines. Act as a liaison with vendors in ensures invoices are up to date. Assist in forecasting future budgetary needs
- Participate in special projects as assigned, Act as contact person and keep timeline updated.
- Plan/Coordinate off-site conferences and events
- Maintain SharePoint Intranet website for the department, provide assistance to others using the site.
Staff, visitors, outside vendors
- High School Diploma, Associate Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of progressive experience providing administrative support.
- Experience scheduling conference calls and meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard