Location : Student Services (Thunder Mountain High School)
Full time position (1.0 FTE)
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Are you a team player?
Are you interested in making a difference in the education of our youth?
If you answered YES to these questions, this is a great opportunity for you!
Position Summary : The individual in this position works under the direction of the Director of Student Services and the Special Education Coordinator performing and managing the daily activities of the Student Services office. This individual acts as the lead office person, providing work direction to other clerical staff within the office. This individual provides a full range of administrative support services, including providing program support to Special Education staff district wide; training of Student Services Department clerical staff; purchasing, receiving, and distributing district-wide materials; establishing and maintaining prompt communication with all staff; maintaining and organizing a variety of confidential records, databases, logs, and files; maintaining verbal and written correspondence with outside vendors, parents, and community agencies; prioritizing department tasks as well as Student Service needs within the schools; and providing support for staff travel requests. This individual must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working in a team setting with a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma
- Five years prior clerical experience
- District organization, operations, policies, and objectives.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Command of the English language both orally and written.
- Professional oral and written communication techniques.
- Alaska State Education Code and applicable laws.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Prepare reports by gathering and organizing data from a variety of sources.
- Operate a variety of modern office equipment including a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain a variety of files, records, and logs including financial and statistical data.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Multi-task to meet the demands of multiple deadlines, ongoing client inquiries, and departmental staff requests.
- Type sufficient wpm.
Compensation: This is a full-time 12-month position working 37.5 hours/week with a starting salary of $20.96 per hour plus the District's excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and paid sick and vacation days.
- Three years in a school district.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.
To apply, visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr.
- 22 months ago - save job