Plans, organizes and performs varied, diversified and
confidential administrative work which supports the
successful completion of department functions, goals and
objectives. Will have some financial, analytical, and
preparing correspondence and reports, scheduling
- Provides administrative support including filing,
meetings, and other administrative duties as
disciplines, with the three primary constituents
- Scope of support includes multi-faceted technical
comprised of Research and Development, Quality
Systems/Standards and New Product Development.
collaboration with legal counsel and other members
- Assist with the process of obtaining patents, in
of the Technical Services team.
Constellation Operations team projects – (completes
- Coordinate and assist with cross-functional
research, organizes team meetings/calls with
documentation of significant proceedings, prepares
presentation materials, final reports, etc.).
monthly budget reports are accurate. This may
- Work closely with Financial Analyst to make sure all
involve identifying misclassified items and working
with finance to re-class to the correct account.
Director in the development of annual Capital and
- Actively supports VP Wine Technical Services and R&D
current research project activities and establish
- Establish and maintain department files
- Liaise with VP WTS and Director of R&D to monitor
system to catalog all active projects for reference
by entire R&D department.
execution of the annual Technical Conference by
- Assist Director of R&D with organization and
providing support in the following areas:
on-site visits to prospective venues and reporting/
- Identification of appropriate conference site through
evaluation of attributes (capacity and quality of
facilities) in order to ensure successful execution of
contracts, send out invitations and maintain accurate
- Work with Travel Services Department to negotiate
records of invitees/attendees.
within approved budget.
- Track all costs related to the conference to maintain
with hotel staff and R&D on-site support staff to
- Act as the point person during the conference, working
achieve a smooth and orderly flow of events during the
processes all departmental purchase orders.
- Through Constellation enterprise EDP system (JDE)
verify against receipt of goods/services and ensure
- Track and code all department invoices for approval,
proper coding prior to processing by finance to
explore new tools for improvement of departmental
- Maintain R&D Intranet site and liaise with IT to
data management and electronic communications.
- May assist with tracking PTO for exempt employees.
(Curriculum that includes coursework in a scientific
- Associate’s degree or higher degree preferred.
discipline is a plus)
education and experience is acceptable).
- 2 - 5 years experience (equivalent combination of
and other computer applications.
- Computer applications.
- Strong word processing, excel, power point skills,
- Knowledge of patent law and intellectual property is
industry experience highly desired.
- Experience in a research environment and/or wine
written), ability to multi-task and prioritize,
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and
customer service oriented with professional
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / OTHER
pounds, and operate standard office equipment:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, lift 25
computer, fax, phone, copier.
Open Date : 2013-07-10 14:00:00
Division/Department : Operations--Wine Technical
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Constellation Brands - 7 months ago
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...