Administrative Assistant III |
- (Sisters of Charity Hospital) : Provides administrative support to the Internal Medicine Training Program through strong organization and excellent interpersonal skills. Responsible for coordinating all programmatic activities for the training program. Provide necessary administrative assistance to the program director; screen telephone calls, review mail, handle correspondence, meeting notices and memorandum. Organize and distribute schedules, handouts, conferences, interviews, etc. Must be organized with leadership skills, willing to be a team member, able to prioritize and have excellent organizational skills. Displays the ability to deal with internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment.
REPORTS TO: Program Director, Internal Medicine
SKILLS and EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (minimum):
* Associates degree required.
* Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Internet.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficient typing skills.
* Medical Terminology.
* Ability to organize/prioritize multiple responsibilities with excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Ability to manage workflow and complex work process.
* Excellent ability to deal with internal and external customers experiencing stress.
* Knowledge of health care terminology.
* Ability to work with multiple departments and disciplines and external agencies.
* Two(2) to four(4) years of administrative assistant experience required.
* Credentials: Valid New York State driver's license.
* Maintains confidentiality to all material in the Internal Medicine department.
* Must have high degree of computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office.
* Willingness to learn additional software as needed.
* Knowledge of standard office equipment: copier, fax, printers, etc.
* Normal heat, light, space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
* Travel between facilities may be required on occasion.
* Office environment with intermittent standing and walking, prolonged sitting, lifting (20-30 lb. boxes).
Catholic Health System - 19 months ago