Administrative Assistant, Human Resources (Confidential) - REPOST
Kern Community College District
Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources, provides administrative assistance and performs comprehensive paraprofessional human resources services to administrative, academic, and classified employees; independently performs a wide variety of complex tasks.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of modern office procedures, principles of record keeping, basic arithmetic, business letter writing and basic report preparation, proper English usage, and computer applications.
• Ability to learn and apply District policies and procedures and appropriate sections of the Education Code.
• Perform tasks accurately and in a speedy manner.
• Identify problem areas within the scope of the position and adopted effective courses of action.
• Type or word process at 60 words per minutes.
• Work independently.
• Prepare accurate correspondence and reports.
• Function effectively in a teamwork environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Education and Experience
• Associate of Arts Degree [Equivalent: Four (4) years of related work experience.]
• Four years of increasingly responsible administrative and secretarial/clerical experience in human resources or a related area.
• Must have demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all human resources-sensitive concerns, issues, and situations.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00624
Posting Date: 02/01/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Confidential
Work Week: 40 hrs per week, 12 month
Minimum Salary: $48,725.16 per year
Maximum Salary: $69,598.67 per year
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
Salary Grade C
Requested Start Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, February 28, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3159
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -