This is a non-exempt, full-time, twelve-month position responsible for providing support to the President's office including word processing and record keeping as well as providing assistance to the other executive offices. Other duties include the following:
1. Providing needed support and assisting in the general operation of the President's Office.
2. Providing needed support to the assistant to the president/special projects.
3. Serving as receptionist for the executive floor and providing support for vice presidents as needed.
4. Receiving and distributing incoming mail to the offices on the executive floor; opens mail for the President's Office and forwards to appropriate personnel when necessary.
5. Receiving and screening telephone calls and greets visitors to the floor.
6. Handling routine daily tasks and special projects for the President's office as requested.
7. Preparing routine correspondence for President's signature.
8. Taking RSVPs for various social events hosted by President and prepares resultant guest lists.
9. Assisting with preparation of materials for meetings with both internal and external personnel(including meetings of the Board of Trustees).
10. Assisting with maintaining the President's daily appointment calendar including reserving meeting space and arranging food service as necessary.
11. Assisting with making travel arrangements for the President.
12. Assisting with maintaining current files of matters related to the President's Office.
13. Maintaining adequate supplies for shared areas on the floor as well as supplies for the President's office; ordering and preparing requisitions for needed supplies; arranging repairs and maintenance for equipment as needed.
14. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; Associate's Degree preferred.
2. At least 2 years in progressively responsible administrative support positions.
3. Proficiency in use of microcomputer and related software for word processing, spreadsheets and database ? working knowledge of Word and Excel.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including accuracy in typing and proofreading and firm command of grammar and English usage (testing will be administered in these areas).
5. Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and activities.
6. General working knowledge of community college structure and policies and procedures.
7. Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students, administrators, faculty, staff and external constituencies.
8. Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality.
Tyler Junior College - 19 months ago