GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Provides full range of high-level administrative support to Senior Human Resources Manager, Chief Marketing Officer Healthcare Financial Services and the Managing Director of Investment Research group, GE Capital Americas
Utilize strong business writing skills to initiate and prepare general correspondence, such as letters, memos, proposals, agreements, reports and high-quality presentations; maintain records of all documents; manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
Effectively arrange meetings, on- or off-site events, interviews, conference calls and video conferences while meeting deadlines and managing project information flow; manage calendars, prepare agendas and book venues
Arrange domestic and international travel logistics, itineraries, reservations and business visas as needed
Reconcile and process T&L expense account using online T&L system and other expense accounts as required; process and track invoices against budget
Manage flow of telephone calls; handle callers, respond to requests for information and follow through as appropriate
Compile complex reports
Drive various organizational projects
Handle special projects and related assignments as directed
Participate on projects requiring a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
Execute assignments efficiently
- High School Diploma and 5+ years’ experience providing administrative support to senior managers in a corporate environment (including at least 2 years supporting an Executive Level position)
- Experience must include project management, calendar management, meeting planning, business documentation creation and creation of PowerPoint presentations
- High proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn/use new web-based tools/applications
- MUST be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- MUST be 18 years of age or older.
- MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
- MUST be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- MUST be willing to work out of the Bethesda, MD office
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- College/university degree
- Experience supporting the HR or Marketing Function
- Experience with event coordination
- Self-starter, high level of motivation, integrity and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure and in tight time constraints with availability beyond regular hours on short/no notice
- Professional approach, proven good judgment, creative problem solving
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills; positive attitude
- Strong team player
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 11 months ago
At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the...